HWP estate agents are one of the leading commercial and residential property specialists in Ireland.
With a proven track record, HWP have decades of experience in commercial and industrial real estate and development land, new homes, residential sales and lettings.
The company is currently very active in the following key areas:
Find out more about HWP estate agents
We at HWP Property Specialists, take our responsibilities under applicable data protection law, including the General Data Protection Regulation and implementing legislation such as the Data Protection Act 2018 (“Data Protection Law”) very seriously. The purpose of this notice is to inform you of the data relating to you that we may collect and use and the uses (including disclosures to third parties) we and HWP Ltd may make of such data.
If you have any questions about our use of your personal data, please contact us at the address below or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
How we use your information
We may collect and process data relating to you during the course of our relationship with you. Such data may include:
- your name and contact details, including your address and telephone number;
- information which you enter in any of our application forms which you complete for the purpose of entering into a contract with us.;
- personal data relating to you in connection with our ongoing relationship with you, such as via correspondence and calls with you and based on the services which we are providing either to you or the estate agency activities which we are carrying out in respect of a property which you either own or have made enquiries in respect of;
- information which we are required to collect to carry out money laundering and identity checks and to comply with legal obligations;
- where necessary (e.g. where you are an owner in a management company, looking to purchase or rent property), information relating to your financial means (such as documentary proof of funds);
- for the purposes of carrying out research (which will be carried out using aggregated and anonymised data only) we may collect data relating to you (such as details of the country in which you reside) which may be required to analyse trends in the property market in Ireland;
- where necessary (e.g. where you are looking to rent a property), PPS number, details of previous rental accommodation and current employment details etc.
Any other personal information you have provided directly to us. For example, in certain circumstances, where relevant to our relationship with you, we may collect information relating to your accommodation needs, including, for example, where, you have specific accommodation needs because of mobility issues which affect you or a member of your family or household.
(a) the performance of our contract with you;
(b) to take steps at your request prior to entering into a contract with you;
(c) our legitimate interests in conducting our business in a responsible and commercially prudent manner and in carrying out meaningful research in relation to the status of the property market in Ireland. We will not process your personal data for these purposes if to do so would constitute an unwarranted interference with your own interests, rights and freedoms; and
(d) to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations.
Purposes of Processing and Legal Basis
Your personal data may be used by us and by third party service providers acting on our behalf for the purposes of (i) liaising with you prior to your decision as to whether to engage us to provide estate agency services on your behalf, (ii) carrying on estate agency activities on your behalf or in respect of a property which you own or are interested in acquiring, leasing or bidding for, and (iii) to carry out research (which will be carried out using aggregated and anonymised data only) and customer satisfaction surveys.
The legal bases on which we collect, process and transfer your information in the manner described above are:
Requirement to Provide Data
Generally, you are not under a statutory or contractual obligation to provide us with any personal data. However, some of the information required by our application forms is necessary in order for us [to comply with our obligations under applicable law] and to provide services to you and, if you do not provide us with these required details, then we may not be in a position to provide you with our services.
Sharing of Personal Data
We may disclose your personal data to third party recipients in connection with the above purposes, including:
- to third parties who we engage to provide services to us, such as professional advisers, auditors, outsourced service providers and contractors such as plumbers and electricians in order to address an issue in a property you are resident or that we look after on your behalf of your management company.
- to competent regulatory authorities and bodies as requested or required by law.
We will not hold your data for longer than is necessary. We will retain your personal data for the duration of your engagement with us and for such a period of time after your contract ends as is
- contacting you by email for the purposes of carrying out customer satisfaction surveys;
- carrying out statistical analysis of the property market in Ireland, including in relation to the status of buyers and tenants (e.g. whether first-time buyers, investors, etc.) and property prices;
- verifying, on a spot-check basis, that we are providing services to our customers in a manner consistent with the standards required by HWP Ltd with applicable legal requirements.
- to carry out compliance audits in respect of its franchisees for the purposes of ensuring that franchisees are complying with their legal obligations; and
- for the investigation and processing of complaints and conflict checks; and
- to facilitate cross-referrals across the franchise network, where appropriate.
- the right to access your personal data;
- the right to request the rectification and/or erasure of your personal data;
- the right to restrict the use of your personal data;
- to comply with our obligations under applicable law and, if relevant, to deal with any claim or dispute that might arise in connection with your contract
How HWP Ltd uses your information
HWP Ltd may access and process your data for the purposes of:
The legal bases on which HWP Ltd collects and processes your information are its legitimate interests in managing its franchise network and other businesses in a responsible and commercially prudent manner, ensuring that its franchisees provides services to its customers to the standards required by HWP Ltd and the compliance with its legal obligations.
HWP Ltd will keep your data fully secure and will only retain it for as long as is reasonably necessary in accordance with applicable Data Protection Law.
Cookies are small data files placed on your computer or internet enabled device by websites to add functionality. A cookie can be used to identify a user’s computer or internet enabled device to the website, or to other third-party websites. Cookies help to improve the usage and effectiveness of the website, for example, by remembering preferences expressed by a user or tracking a user’s use of the website for statistical analysis.
You have the following rights, in certain circumstances and subject to certain restrictions, in relation to your personal data:
- the right to object to the processing of your personal data;
- the right to receive your personal data, which you provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format or to require us to transmit that data to another controller.
In order to exercise any of the rights set out above, you can contact:
- HWP Ltd. Unit 1B Cookstown Ind. Est. Tallaght, D24, 01-4664993 or email@example.com
If you are not happy with the way we have used your information or addressed your rights, you have the right to make a complaint to the Data Protection Commission by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.